Pages

Thursday, February 28, 2013

Fundamental Drills Playbook

I was looking through some stuff that I have received from various coaches over the past few years.  I was noticing that there is just a ton of different drills out there that focus on fundamental play.  Being a person who loves drills, I thought I would select some drills that I found interesting and compile them all into 1 resource. 


The thing to remember though is that you shouldn't use a drill if it does reinforce your system of play.  To many times coaches will use a drill because it looks good.  Often, if I see a drill that I like, I ask myself the following questions simple questions:

1.  Will the way the drill is set up reinforce how we teach our players?  If not, is there a way that it can be modified to meet our needs?

2.  Is the drill intense? 

3.  Is the drill competitive (scoring or time based)?  If not, can it be made competitive?

4. How long does the drill last?

5. How many players does it engage?

Fundamental Drills Playbook

No comments:

Post a Comment