Pages

Thursday, December 6, 2012

My Favorite Drills #1: Punch and Space

I am going to start a new theme on the blog where I share my favorite drills that I have used over the years.  Some drills I used when I was coaching high school girls' basketball and others are one's that we have used with our boy's program.  Most of the drills are ones that we have borrowed from great coaches.  Sometimes, we have modified the original drill to fit what we do at our school. 

The first drill that I want to share with you is a defensive fundamental drill that I got from a Mike Dunlap video.  We use this drill frequently, usually for a couple of minutes at the beginning of practice, to teach defensive stance fundamentals.  We have seen some great improvements at our on the ball defense because we can easily transfer the elements of this drill to the other defensive drills we to build our match-up zone.

Punch and Space

No comments:

Post a Comment